PEARLS OF WISDOM
The first day of summer. The longest day of the year. The start of wedding season. June is the month to bask in the sun. And to rock white while doing it. Whether you’re a June baby, or just like their classic look, pearls are the perfect gemstones for summer. Below are 5 hidden gems about pearls you might not have known:
1. Pearls are the only jewels created by animals. All other gemstones form in the Earth’s crust.
2. To-date the largest pearl in existence is valued at $100 million. It is 26 inches long and weighs about 75 pounds.
3. Saltwater pearls are extracted from oysters. Freshwater pearls are collected from mussels.
4. It takes anywhere from 6 – 24 months for a pearl to form.
5. Pearls have been known to symbolize fertility, loyalty, and friendship.
About E.B. Horn
No matter the piece or purpose, we want to make your jewelry shopping experience the best it can be. That’s the attitude that we’ve had for over 180 years and we’re happy to see it’s worked all this time. Visit our site to learn more.
Stay in touch
You May Also Like
Want to receive occasional offers and updates from E.B. Horn via email?